Workshop-4: Dealing with Criticisms and Disagreements
We don't have to agree on everything, to respect each other.
Satisfaction Guaranteed, or Your Money Back.
Criticisms and Disagreements
How do you react if someone said, you’re useless and clumsy? Do you agree with them, get angry and lash out, or become depressed and disheartened? Maybe instead, you remain calm and collected, ignore the comment, or ask for clarification - “What exactly do you mean by useless and clumsy?”.
Being on the receiving end of criticism (even well-intended ones) can get on our nerves and leave us vulnerable. In fact, the most difficult emotional setbacks that we may face can be triggered by criticism, and the effects are often harsh.
Nonetheless, we will unavoidably be criticised from time to time. Criticisms are the common consequences of change, growth, and leadership. So, it is important that we learn to handle them constructively. Indeed, the capacity to handle criticisms effectively, and get stronger and better because of them, is an important aspect of our personal and professional development.
Who is going to benefit the most from this workshop?
- Individuals who find it difficult to deal with criticisms, disagreements, or rejections.
- People who want to remain strong despite harsh criticisms they receive.
- Individuals who feel vulnerable, and have been affected by unfair criticisms.
- Individuals who want to get stronger instead of getting hurt by criticisms.
- People who are looking for practical ways to deal with criticisms and disagreements.
Note: People who experience intense physical and emotional symptoms because of criticism or rejection, particularly if they also suffer from mental health issues such as depression, need to consult their GP first, and seek medical help, to ensure they receive appropriate treatment. Then, this workshop will become a useful supplement to their treatment, and will speed up their recovery.
In this workshop, you learn:
- about the nature of criticisms, disagreements, and rejections,
- how lack of correct strategy on dealing with criticisms makes us weak and vulnerable,
- how to analyse critricisms and chose a response which is appropriate,
- how to manage your nerves and remain calm while you deal with disagreements,
- how to develop your personal resources, and remain strong at all times,
- and, how to build a positive attitude that helps you react constructively in all situations.
- Please arrive early (between 09:00 to 09:15) for registration and morning refreshment.
- Workshop starts at 09:30 sharp. We take a break at 11:00 (tea, coffee and biscuits are available).
- A light lunch will be served at 13:00. Please let us know if you have a special dietary requirement.
- Workshop is resumed at 13:30, and we take a short break at about 15:00.
- The workshop ends at 16:30, but participants can stay around for a friendly conversation with others.
Note 1: Please inform us of your specific disability and the support you may need. We will do our best to accommodate your needs.
Note 2: the quoted times may vary slightly from time to time, but you receive the exact scheduling arrangements when you get your booking confirmations.