Workshop-3: Learn To Defuse Stress
Why do some people handle pressures of life so skilfully, while others are stressed out, and struggle with them?
Satisfaction Guaranteed, or Your Money Back.
What is Stress?
People experience stress when the demands of their life are greater than their ability to cope with them. Health and Safety Executive (HSE) which is the body responsible for the regulation and enforcement of workplace health, safety, and welfare in the UK, defines stress as; "the adverse reaction people have to excessive pressure or other types of demand placed on them". In other words, it is the hurt and suffering created by our reaction to stressors.
Stressors are pressures, hassles and problems of life that create challenge and struggle for people who cannot cope with them. Stress affects how we feel, think, and behave. It also changes the way our bodies work. But, it affects people in distinctly different ways.
However, we don't have to be at the mercy of stressful situations. We can learn a number of techniques that help us react differntly to potential stressors, and defuse their pressure, thereby, improve our health and the quality of our lives.
Who is going to benefit the most from this workshop?
- People who want to reduce the impact of stress on their health and wellbeing.
- Individuals who refuse to alow stress control their lives and destroy their health.
- People who are looking for practical ways to defuse stress and live a pleasant life.
- individuals who find it difficult to deal with challenges of life, such as exesive demands of their work, daily hassels of commuting, or the pressures of the society's expectations.
Note: People who experience intense physical and mental symptoms of stress, particularly when it is accompanied with mental health issues such as depression, need to consult their GP first, and seek medical help, to ensure they receive appropriate treatment. Then, this workshop would become a useful supplement to their treatment, and could speed up their recovery.
In this workshop, you learn:
- about the nature of stress and stressors,
- how lack of stress management skills perpetuates stress,
- how to defuse stressful situations and remain emotionally strong,
- how to control your limiting beliefs and thoughts,
- how to manage your nerves and anxious feelings,
- how to develop your personal resources, and remain strong at all times,
- and, how to build a positive attitude that helps you react constructively in all situations.
- Please arrive early (between 09:00 to 09:15) for registration and morning refreshment.
- Workshop starts at 09:30 sharp. We take a break at 11:00 (tea, coffee and biscuits are available).
- A light lunch will be served at 13:00. Please let us know if you have a special dietary requirement.
- Workshop is resumed at 13:30, and we take a short break at about 15:00.
- The workshop ends at 16:30, but participants can stay around for a friendly conversation with others.
Note 1: Please inform us of your specific disability and the support you may need. We will do our best to accommodate your needs.
Note 2: the quoted times may vary slightly from time to time, but you receive the exact scheduling arrangements when you get your booking confirmations.